- Read each question carefully. Answer all questions.
- Time limit:
- 2 hours. Begin immediately.
- Describe the history of the Papacy from its origins to
the present day, concentrating especially, but not exclusively,
on its social, political, economic, religious and philosophical
impact on Europe, Asia, America and Africa. Be brief, concise
- You have been provided with a razor blade, a piece of
gauze, and a bottle of scotch. Remove your appendix. Do not
suture until you work has been inspected. You have fifteen
- Public Speaking:
- 2500 riot-crazed aborigines are storming the
classroom. Calm them. You may use any ancient language except
Latin or Greek.
- Create life. Estimate the differences in subsequent
human culture if this form of life had developed 500 million
years earlier, with special attention to its probable effect on
the English Parliamentary System. Prove your thesis.
- Write a piano concerto. Orchestrate and perform it with
flute and drum. You will find a piano under your seat.
- Based on your knowledge of their works, evaluate the
emotional stability, degree of adjustment, and repressed
frustrations of each of the following: Alexander of Aphrodisis,
Rameses II, Hammuarabi. Support your evaluation with quotations
from each man's work, making appropriate references. It is not
necessary to translate.
- Estimate the sociological problems which might
accompany the end of the world. Construct an experiment to test
- The disassembled parts of a high-powered rifle have
been placed on your desk. You will also find an instruction
manual, printed in Swahili. In 10 minutes, a hungry bengal tiger
will be admitted to the room. Take whatever action you feel
necessary. Be prepared to justify your decision.
- Develop a realistic plan for refinancing the national
debt. Trace the possible effects of your plan in the following
Outline a method for preventing these effects. Criticize
this method from all possible points of view. Point out the
deficiencies in your point of view, as demonstrated in your
answer to the last question.
the Donatist Controversy;
and, the Wave Theory of Light.
- Political Science:
- There is a red telephone on the desk beside
you. Start World War III. Report at length on its
socio-political effects if any.
- Take a position for or against truth. Prove the
validity of your stand.
- Explain the nature of matter. Include in your answer an
evaluation of the impact of the development of mathematics on
- Sketch the development of human thought. Estimate
its significance. Compare with the development of any other kind
- General Knowledge:
- Describe in detail. Be objective and specific.