CITY OF LAS CRUCES
High School Math Proficiency Exam
- Johnny has an AK47 with a 40 round clip. If he misses six out of 10
shots and shoots 13 times at each drive by shooting, how many shootings
can he attend before he has to reload?
- Jose has two ounces of cocaine, and sells an 8 ball to Jackson for $320
and two grams to Billy for $85 per gram. What is the street value of the
balance of the cocaine if he doesn't cut it?
- Rufus is pimping for three girls. If the price is $65 for each trick,
how many tricks will each have to turn so Rufus can pay for his $800 per
day crack habit?
- Jerome wants to cut his 1/2 pound of heroine to make 20% more profit.
How many ounces of cut will he need?
- Willis gets $200 for stealing a BMW, $50 for a Chevy, and $100 for a
4x4. If he has stolen two BMWs and three 4x4s, how many Chevys will he
have to steal to make $800.
- Raoul is in prison for six years for murder. He got $10,000 for the
hit. If his common law wife is spending $100 per month, how much money
will be left when he gets out of prison, and how many years will he get
for killing the bitch that spent his money?
- If the average spray can covers 22 square feet and the average letter
is .8 square feet, how many letters can a tagger spray with three cans of
- Hector knocked up six girls in his gang. There are 27 girls in the
gang. What percentage of girls in the gang has Hector knocked up?