Microsoft Windows and Other OSes as Cars...
Go back to my humor page.
Go back to my geek humor page.
If car manufaturers had kept up the technology pace like Microsoft:
(It seems that Volvo
has taken up this challenge...they even have Windows 98 onboard!
Thankfully, BMW seems to have the right idea.)
- For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
- Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to
buy a new car.
- Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You
would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows,
shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could
continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
- Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your
car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to
reinstall the engine.
- Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable,
five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five
percent of the roads.
- The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all
be replaced by a single "General Protection Fault" warning light, or a
"You have performed an illegal operation".
- The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.
- Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out
and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle,
turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
- Every time a new car was introduced, buyers would have to
learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate
in the same manner as the old car.
- You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off!
Please consider visiting my sponsors (whom I also visit often and use myself), below...